Friday, August 06, 2010

Comeback, or A Prayer for Remembering

Comeback, or A Prayer for Remembering
Ink and Acrylic Paint on Vintage Book Page
45/100 in 100 days creative challenge and Day 5 August Everyday

Interesting that I would post this drawing today, when I kind of feel lost in a hazy day of things to do and forgetting.

It's so hard to remember my own plans, sometimes. And also, so hard to remember to pay attention to what is happening right now in that haze of forgetting. It's kind of just like tumbling along in a river. Tumbling? Shouldn't that be floating?

Well, I don't know. This was an intuitive piece. The phrase in the text, "come back," caught my eye, and then I started drawing this swoopy road. Maybe it's a river. And then the edges of the road/river became wings or petals and then I added the ticks of time passing.

What purpose do our memories serve in living our lives in the moment and planning for the future? How do our old experiences shape our present choices? How do we find our once upon a time dreams and live into them right now?

Honestly, I don't have an answer and perhaps there is no answer to this question but to live.

Meanwhile, I am thinking about the things I want to do.
Sprinkler sessions in the backyard and popcorn snacks.
Doing some Internet business.
Putting up the circus curtain in the kids room finally.
Painting another circus girl/flying girl.
Turning an XL tshirt into a skirt, although I have no pattern and no sewing machine.
Working on revising my novel.
Spray painting the frames black and finding some work to go in them.
Teaching my kids not to bother me a million times about the same thing (can I have some popcorn? can I have some popcorn? can I have some popcorn? can I have some popcorn?)
Oh yeah, plus the laundry and the chicken in the refrigerator and I probably should sweep and find a place for these bins of supplies that are just sitting out.

Okay. I am trying to remember to live in all the remembering of things to do. It's tough.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...